Irvine High School has various 'traditions' which occur throughout the year. A list of some of those follows:
Dances: Throughout the year, ASB plans activities for the IHS student body. Some are more formal than others and require more preparation.
Activities: Below is a list of activities that ASB puts on for the IHS student body.
- ASB Elections: Associated Student Body elections are held each year in April.
- Blood Drive: Held in the fall and spring.
- Class Elections: Elections held in May for Class Presidents, Vice Presidents, Secretaries, Treasurers and Activities.
- Club Fair: Held in the fall of each school year.
- Dance Show: Advanced dancers perform at IHS each fall and spring.
- Diligence Award: Each faculty member selects a student who has exhibited classroom excellence. Presented at Heritage Awards in the spring.
- Dodge Ball: Get a team and join the games.
- Fall Drama: Drama performance
- Grad Night: An all night party sponsored by PTSA for graduating Seniors the night of graduation. Features music, dancing, food, games, and prizes; only Seniors may attend.
- Heritage Awards: Awards presented each spring to top academic students in each department.
- Homecoming Dance: A semi-formal dance is held in the gym. Queen candidates are nominated through an application process, voted on by the Juniors and Seniors, and announced at the Homecoming Game.
- Junior/Senior Prom: The Prom is a formal dance held at a hotel in May for Juniors, Seniors and their dates. Nominations for King and Queen are made by individuals and are voted on by those attending the Prom.
- King of Hearts: King candidates are nominated, voted on and announced at the Winter Formal.
- Performing Arts Assembly: A combined performance by the music, drama and dance departments.
- Ping Pong Tournament: Tournament for anybody who wants to play ping pong.
- Senior Achievements Assembly: School wide assembly to recognize academic achievement.
- Senior Breakfast: A breakfast for Seniors in June, held off campus with awards and the Senior slide show.
- Spirit Week: A week of special activities before Homecoming including fun lunch time activities involving the Homecoming Court.
- Spring Musical: Drama & musical performance.
- SPUR Awards: These awards are presented to students who demonstrate the values of Integrity, Trust, Collaboration, Empowerment, and Learning. Students are chosen by their advisors.
- Unity Week: A week of activities devoted to the awareness and celebration of diversity, designated to promote unity.
- Winter Formal: A formal dance held close to Valentines Day at a local hotel. Nominations for King are made by individuals, voted on by the Seniors, and the King is announced at the dance.
- Yearbook Signing Party: Held on a Friday evening in June; includes a slide show.
Unity Week: The various student clubs on campus prepare dances and other entertaining shows for the rest of the students to enjoy and to help stress the idea of unity amount diversity.
Red Ribbon Week: Red Ribbon Week celebrates being drug-free. A guest speaker is brought in, and talks at an assembly pertaining to the ill-effects of drug abuse.
Performing Arts Assembly: Once a year the top performing arts classes show what they can do. Wind Ensemble, Jazz I, and the first orchestra play their rehearsed music, and Adv. Dance performs. Drama puts on an act as well.